Gregory P. Einhorn
Gregory P. Einhorn is a partner in GBC’s new San Diego office. His intellectual property law practice focuses on biotechnology-related intellectual property and portfolio “life cycle” management, with an emphasis on developing and implementing domestic and international patent filing and portfolio strategies, as well as intellectual property licensing, freedom to operate and due diligence evaluations and opinions; and litigation support.
Dr. Einhorn’s practice covers biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical and dental device, and renewable chemical and biotech industries; and provides strategic intellectual property counseling and comprehensive patent portfolio management for small, medium and large companies.
Greg has a wide range of experience in the life sciences, medical and dental devices, cleantech and renewable biotech industries, including renewable chemical, chemical catalytic and green functional biomaterials, immunology, molecular biology, diagnostics, therapeutics, virology, drug delivery systems, high throughput screening, microarray technology, gene therapy, stem cell biology, liposomal technology, small molecules, proteomics, bioinformatics, and nanotechnology.
Greg is a former patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, having served in the biotechnology group.
Greg received a J.D. at the George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C.; a Ph.D. from the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at the Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, in Baltimore, MD; and a D.D.S. from Georgetown University, School of Dentistry, Washington, D.C.
Greg has lectured on various patent and intellectual property issues for local and national business groups and universities, including BIOCOM, the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM), and has taught a course on Foreign Patent Prosecution for University of California San Diego (UCSD) extension school.
- Twenty years of patent analysis and prosecution experience
- IP portfolio “life cycle” counseling, including patent portfolio strategy and management
- IP licensing and technology transfer experience
- Infringement and validity opinions and evaluations
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of California
Example Technical Fields
- Biotechnology, including immunology, molecular biology, stem cell biology, biomaterials
- Medical and dental diagnostics and therapeutics
- Pharmaceuticals and small molecule chemistry
- Medical and dental devices
- Cleantech and renewable biotech industries
- Renewable chemical, chemical catalytic and green functional biomaterials
- Drug delivery systems
- Biomarker discovery