Allyson M. Martin
Allyson M. Martin is a partner at Greer, Burns & Crain Ltd. in Chicago, Illinois. Ms. Martin has experience in all aspects of trademark litigation as a member of GBC’s anti-counterfeiting and online trademark enforcement team, including pre-litigation investigation, preparation of pleadings and substantive briefing, dispute resolution with opposing counsel, and management of the discovery process. She also has extensive courtroom experience and has successfully argued several motions in Federal Courts. Her practice also extends to trademark prosecution and inter partes proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
During law school, Ms. Martin had an externship with a judge in the Northern District of Illinois, where she assisted in drafting judicial opinions. Ms. Martin was the Technical Productions Editor of the DePaul University Journal of Art, Technology, and Intellectual Property. Ms. Martin graduated summa cum laude from DePaul University and received CALI awards in Senior Research Seminar: Advanced Concepts in Patent Law, Biotechnology Patent Law, Administrative Process, Copyright Law, and Bankruptcy Law and the Dr. Robert Chambers Patent Law Award. Prior to law school, Ms. Martin earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Kansas.
- Trademark, copyright and unfair competition litigation in Federal Courts
- Trademark prosecution and brand management
- Trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Trademark and copyright enforcement
- Supreme Court of the State of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Co-Author, One action, many targets: the litigation strategies behind multiple-seller counterfeiting cases, World Trademark Review (2021)
- Author, Seed Savers v. Monsanto: Farmers Need a Victory for Wilting Biodiversity, 24 DePaul J. Art, Tech. & Intell. Prop. L. 95 (2013)