Robert J. Schneider
Robert Schneider is an experienced patent trial lawyer with Greer Burns & Crain with significant experience in IP prosecution, litigation, and client counseling.He concentrates in the intellectual property area focusing his almost 35 years of experience on intellectual property litigation and patent procurement.
Specialties: Intellectual Property including patent and trademark procurement, information technology, internet law and “bet the company” litigation.
Mr. Schneider has been widely recognized by the legal and business communities for his experience and achievements. Mr. Schneider is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and has extensive patent prosecution experience in electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, business method, communication and internet related technologies across a variety industries.
Prior to joining Greer Burns & Crain.Mr. Schneider was the Chairman of the Intellectual Property Departments at several prominent Chicago law firms. While in law school, he was an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati.
- Worldwide patent and trademark prosecution
- Trademark appeals, oppositions and interferences
- Opinions on patent infringement, validity and enforceability
- Trade Dress counseling, enforcement and defense
- Patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, unfair competition and contract litigation in Federal Courts
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration
- S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the State of Illinois
- S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and Seventh Circuit
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle
- International Trademark Association
- Licensing Executives Society